Friday, December 31, 2010

something borrowed, something NEW...

at Friday, December 31, 2010

I’ve done it. I’ve finally given into that little voice in the back of my head that always pokes and prods me into thinking that I should create a blog. That little voice that says “come on, all the cool kids are doing it.” So yes, I gave into peer pressure, despite the fact that my peers had no idea they were applying such pressures. I’ve always thought that a blog would be a good idea; a tool to be used in my hectic life to unwind and reflect on my life. I’ve always tried to keep a journal, but let’s be honest… I’ve never been much good at writing down my thoughts in a blank leather book. In this day of modern technology, something that controls our lives almost completely, I spend more time on my computer than I do anything else, so why not start a blog? This is something that I’ve always wanted to do, and almost did over the summer, but I didn’t want to be that person. You know the one…the English major that is too artsy, the girl that whines and moans about how unfair the world is, and how society has gone down-hill, blah, blah, blah, and she’ll almost always throw in something about the government. I’ve come to realize though that the blog world isn’t like that at all, it is its own little community that I want to be part of.

I’ve decided that today would be the day for me to start this blog as we’re ending this year and moving into a new year. What better way to welcome in the new year than with a new blog? I want to reflect on my year (2010) and share my hopes and dreams for the new year. I’m excited to take this leap with you dear readers (although let’s be honest, it’s probably just my mom right now), and as I learn more about the world in which we all live; as I grow each day into a more strong and independent college student and human being, I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you. I can’t believe that another year has gone by and that so much change has occurred in my life. I will never forget the lessons learned in 2010, and I look forward to the knowledge gained in 2011.

As for now my lovelies, happy New Year. Remember to reflect on all the blessings that you’ve had in your life so far.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos