Monday, January 31, 2011

J'aime toutes les choses européenne

at Monday, January 31, 2011
So I can't speak french, or Italian, or any other cool langauge other than American English...not even English English. I'm not cool at all (so yes, my title was googled thank you very much)...but I'm feeling very European today. I am aware (and so are those close to me) that I often strive for that level of European identity in my decorating styles, literature, and food (I drink more tea than what was dumped in the harbor here people), but today I'm feeling exceptionally European. I'm practically Audrey Hepburn here people, but with a more realistic waist. It could be my black turtleneck, my shiny flats, or my cuffed jeans...and the fact that it's only 3 o'clock and I've already had 5 cups of tea...I'm working on my 6th as I type. Of course, after this blog sesh I'm going to start reading some Percy Shelley for my English Literature since 1800s class...why am I not European?! It would make my faux European style so much more real. I think I have an obsession...that's the first step right? acceptance and admitting my illness? Do they have a group for people with an obsession of all things European, cause if they do...sign. me. up!

Moving back into the realm of things that are actually real in my life (let's face it...I need to accept the fact that I am an American and was born here), last night I had a lovely bonding experience with the girls in my wing at school. We went to get fro-yo and came back to the dorm to watch He's Just Not That Into You (which may or may not have done damage to my fragile little heart...I can't decide). Man, bonding with the girls in my wing has been so great this semester, we've done more things together these last couple of weeks than we did last semester. It's been a lovely experience. It's been nice bonding with girls, considering the majority of my friends are guys and let's face it...you can't gush over the attractive ASSets qualities of Ben Affleck with a bunch of guys.

So dear readers, what has been you obsession lately?



One of my favorite movies, takes place in Paris....is this a clue to my obsession?
 PS. I really have a problem, as I typed this, there was a slew of french music that came on my itunes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos