Friday, May 27, 2011

What? Don't you answer the door in a towel? Well...this is awkward..

at Friday, May 27, 2011
Hectic. Crazy. Stressful. and a little bit...Awkward. These are surely the only words that can be used to describe my life (ok, I'll admit there are a few more words that can probably be used but let's not focus on that right now). This morning was an interesting start to my day, to say the very least. After I hopped out of the shower --keep this part in mind it's very important-- I was in my room...in my underwear (remember I just got out of the shower) I heard loud crashing in my hallway right outside my bedroom door.

Now....I feel the need to tell you about Satan. My Cat. Bear with me here to a quick sec. I'll get back to the story, keep your panties on. Satan Dewey is a loud and very destructive creature who is constantly knocking things off counters and off walls.

My dad has some golf dvd's on the ledge upstairs (yes...my dad is strange and has recorded golf tournaments from like the 50s to present day...don't judge) and I figured he had just knocked them all down the stairs. I was wrong.

So back to my story... As I was standing in my room-- remember I just got out of the shower-- the crashing noise kept going; I knew it wasn't Satan when I heard my mom yelling at me to call 911. I look out into the hall to see my little brother having a grand mal seizure. This was the hectic and crazy part of my day that I promised to explain earlier in the post. Now comes the awkward.

Remember when I said that I just got out of the shower? No?? Well let me refresh your memory... I just got out of the shower. Got it? Good. So I was standing there on the phone with the 911 operator when I realized...hmmm it's a bit drafty.

Ohhhhh.... this would be because I'm standing out in the hallway in my underwear.

As a young woman, let's just say I don't exactly wear old lady underwear. Sorry folks, I have no filter with you. Luckily I had enough sense to throw on a bath towel before I answered the door for the paramedics and the firefighters. Why is my life so awkward? And why was that firefighter so cute? Why was I in a towel with wet hair!? Dang bad timing...not that there is ever a good time for Jacob to have a seizure.

So anywho, the good news is that Jacob is fine. He was just being a terrible teenager and wasn't taking his seizure meds and that is what caused the seizure...someones in trouble....

On a happier note! My older brother Kyle came home (or straight to the hospital) today from Washington state on leave from the army. I'm so happy to have him home for the weekend, even if our first reunion was in the hospital. He brought home is small horse dog Duke who met my small dog chase and also Satan (who proceeded to tear apart my arm as he tried to flee from the small horse Duke). I look forward to an awkward free weekend, but know that probably won't happen. At least let this weekend be relaxing and not crazy please Lord!

The Small Horse...I mean Duke... Just ignore my face..I thought he
was going to knock me over
I hope you all have a great and lazy memorial day weekend! Remember those that have served, are serving, or will serve in the future in the military. On Monday tune in when I actually tell you all about Satan and how he got that nickname (my cat, not the actual Satan...).
This is chase....please ignore my face...I don't always look like a deranged killer

1 comments:

honora on May 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM said...

Thank you for clarifying which Satan was going to be described in your next message! I was very concerned! Btw, That must have been one lucky firefighter. Hanners is prettttyyyy sexayyy!

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos