Thursday, May 26, 2011

The reason why I'm sane

at Thursday, May 26, 2011
ahhhh summer. At least, my calendar says it's summer but apparently the weather wants to make me look like a fool. My body was confused yesterday morning when I stepped outside for my morning run and it was cloudy. I wish I could tell you it was no big thang...oh no, it was a big thang. It rained. I thought I was on Summer break from school?

Hang on, let me grab my microphone....WHAT HAPPENED TO SUMMER BREAK?!

It turned out fine, despite the soggy running shoes and having to shove my iphone in my pants to protect it from the rain* it was actually an enjoyable run...if runs could ever be called such things.

This morning was perhaps one of my favorite ways to spend summer break so far. My good friend (and future roommate) Alyssa came over to my house for a mid-morning walk and I made us breakfast (you can check out her super cute blog here ). I feel like summer would not be complete without good friends and good food (good fresh food might I add, not doughnuts). This summer I have already been up to Sacramento area once to see my good friends Emily and Megan; let me tell you, those girls are the reason-- or one of the reasons-- why I love my school. What is better than good friends? Answer: nothing.

Speaking of good friends, I said goodbye to my amazing friend Ian the other night. Justin Bieber...I mean Ian, is going on him mission to Malaysia for two years and let me tell you, those are some lucky people.

It's only two years, it's only two years, it's only two years....

I keep having to remind myself that it is only two years; but in all reality, a lot can happen in two years. With as fast as time flies (two years ago I was starting college) a lot can change. I know that I am a different person than I was two years ago, and I know that in two years when I'm turning 23 I will have grown so much more than I can even perceive. I know that Ian is a good friend, but I can't help but wonder...can a distance half a world away change us? I plan on doing my darnedest to not allow that to happen, but things change and that's not necessarily a bad thing. As it stand right now, I love all of my friends and will continue to love you all forever. Thank you for all the amazing times in the past and the times to come.



searching through my old pictures i stumbled across this one from high school. The look on my face is pure joy...this is why I love my friends

Ok. enough of my sob story. Tune in tomorrow when I tell you about Satan. I mean my cat Dewey. (yes, I am that crazy cat lady...deal with it!)

1 comments:

alyssa. on May 26, 2011 at 6:24 PM said...

I wuuuuuuv you Hanner!!! Today was so perfect! :)

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos