Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

at Saturday, January 01, 2011
Last night I rang in the New Year with my family instead of friends (as most of my friends were off doing their own thing). I didn't mind spending time with my family in the least because I know that my time with them is limited. Let's face facts folks, I'm growing up. Sooner than we all realize, I'll be on my own with my own family. I treasure the time I have now as a family unit. Our number is dwindling of course as my older brother Kyle is in Washington with his wife. It seems like it was only last year when we were all together for New Years Eve... where does the time go?

Yesterday was an extremely hectic day, but also a great note to end 2010. We took down Christmas yesterday, or at least attempted to take it down. Really, the only thing that was accomplished was bringing the boxes that houses all the decorations into the front room of our house. We had good intentions, but like everything else in life, we got distracted from what we really should be doing.



I made a delicious dinner of new york steak (because I would never be allowed to cook solely vegetarian) with a basil, lemon, garlic sauce, red potatoes, stuffed tuscan mushrooms, antipasto salad, and raspberry sorbet ice cream sodas for desert. It was yum if I do say so myself. After dinner, we all sat down to watch a movie. I adored the time spent with my family, it's something I miss and crave for while I'm away at school.

Looking back on 2010, there is so much that I have been able to learn about myself and the world; there is so much that I am thankful for. I am so thankful for my family and friends; without them, I would not have that support system I lean on when the pressures of life threaten to whisk me away like a strong ocean tide. I am thankful for finally finding the university that I belong at. After a long and tiresome search, I have finally found my home at William Jessup University. I have never before felt such an awesome sense of community in a college; for that I am truly grateful. I am welcoming 2011 with open arms. I don't know what this new year will bring, but on this first day of January of the new year, I can't help but have a feeling of excitement and anticipation wash over me. I just know deep down in my gut that this year will be my year. I have a feeling that I will finally find love (at least my mother hopes so), that I will continue to excel in school and move one step closer to graduation, and that I will finally, finally be able to learn a little more about myself and my place in this crazy world. All I have to say to 2011 is...bring.it.on!
xoxo

PS. Don't you lost love that picture of Dewey? He looks like he's Godzilla is a christmas village.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos