Monday, May 2, 2011

sooo...this is awkward.

at Monday, May 02, 2011
It's when my feet hit the pavement in a constant rhythm. It's in those few stolen moments between classes and in the late afternoon when I have time to myself to write and reflect. It's in those late hours at night when my mind goes a thousand miles a minute into the pleasant places and the places I'd rather not travel. It's in those moments when my eyes first see the light of the new day; when my mind is still foggy and I try to catch those last minutes of sleep in my net. These are the times that I think the most. Here in lies the danger.

Why do we let our thoughts get away from us. I've been in a super funky mood ever since I returned to Jessup from spring break. Spring break in San Diego with my girls was just what I needed to clear my head before I returned to the fogginess that is Jessup. I love my school, but sometimes it's simply too much for me. I feel like I will be crushed within its walls; it suffocates me. I try to tread lightly, but sometimes I can feel the ice begin to splinter beneath my tired feet. Just two weeks. Just two weeks. This is a mantra that sounds in my head with each step I take. Just two weeks. Just two weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos