Friday, April 22, 2011

Say Goodbye to Hollywood...

at Friday, April 22, 2011
I miss it. The smell of the sea brine, the way the breeze carried the ocean mist and the light smell of salt. It was perfect weather. Light and a little cloudy, but warm enough to wear a swimsuit and lay on the sandy shore. The sand was warm and I laid there, enjoying the way that the sand formed around my body. I miss spring break. 
Lighthouse at Point Vincent


Ok, technically I'm still on spring break and don't go back to school till Tuesday morning but I'm faced with the daunting task of having to write four papers (the life of a history major). I want to go back to spring break when I was drinking coffee on a beach at night in LA with my friends. The only thing that remains from that trip down south are the pictures stored on my computer, the sand in my purse, and the lovely glow of red that radiates from my body like a neon sign (to which my mom says, "I thought you said you never got sun burned" as she laughs in my face).

Brittany (FLeft), Megan (BLeft), Me, and Emily (FRight) starting the journey


Road trips. Half the fun is getting there. When I was a child, I always thought college was about road trips on spring break with your best friends. It wasn't until this year, my second year in college, that I was finally able to go on a road trip with my college friends and let me tell you, it was all that I thought it would be. The junk food in the car on the way down, the endless stream of picture taking, the beach, staying up late at night, and the laughter was exactly what I always hoped my spring break would be filled with. The only thing that was missing from this college spring break trip was a girl taking off her bikini top...oh wait, that did happen (and it was me. Not intentionally, don't worry grandma if you read this, it was a huge tsunami waves fault...stupid faulty bikini top!)

I love my friends. I can't help but feel like I'm closer to all my friends now. I love all the girls that I live with at Jessup, they each bring something special to my life and all teach me so much about myself and about others. I thank God for bringing them into my life, they are all so unique and I can't imagine how my life would have turned out differently this year if I had been placed with a different set of girls. I love you all ladies, I'm sad that the school year is winding down, but I know that next semester, we'll still be friends and I can't wait to see where life leads us.



yes...that is my boyfriend Humphrey Bogart. Too bad the walls in Hollywood smell like pee






 





Cheers to spring break 2011 socal style! And here's to another spring break in 2012, I look forward to the mayhem that I will get into with my girls next year!

It's like a Harry Potter nerds (me) mecca!

Franky Baby! outside the Chinese Theater


My mother just kindly told me that I look like a man...thanks mom.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos