Saturday, April 16, 2011

can you feel it?!

at Saturday, April 16, 2011
Can you smell it also? The scent of new flowers and the light musk of early spring. Can you hear it too? The gentle whirl of lawn mowers, awoken from a long winter's sleep. Can you taste it as well? The sugary sweet first bite of early summer fruit. Can you feel it like I can? The glorious easy breeze that linger in the air and makes the day cool. Today, was the a perfect spring day in Lodi. I love this time of year, when all the flowers begin to bloom and fruit begins to turn vibrant reds, blue, orange, and pink. I love the early days of spring, when the air is sweet and cool.

True to form (and my addiction to all things Parisian) I just had to share a picture of the beautiful Luxembourg gardens in spring. Doesn't it just create a desire to lay on the grass and write poetry or something equally soulful?
This evening I helped my dad clean the kitchen while he grilled some vegetables and chicken outside. We ate outside tonight and let me tell you, I plan on doing that a lot this summer when I'm home from school. If this day was any indicator of how Spring Break is going to be, I can tell I'm going to have a very relaxing break. Dinner was a lovely affair, we sat outside and felt the breeze, my dog ran around the table begging for scraps (what else is new), and my dad put his ipod dock outside so we could listen to music. As I heard Michael Buble singing me sweet nothings into the evening air (if I closed my eyes I could almost pretend it was really him) I realized just how much I love coming home from school.

Tonight, after all the dishes were washed and leftovers put in the fridge I decided to go for a walk. Because my gym is in Sacramento and my body was aching for some exercise, I would usually go for a run but I wanted to enjoy the sights and sounds of early spring, so a walked seemed like just the ticket. On my walk, I began to think that I only have three weeks or so left after spring break till I'm home for the summer. I can't wait! I have big plans for this summer and I can't wait to finally start on them.

Tomorrow I leave for my road-trip with some friends from college, so check back here in a few days to read about the crazy antics of four college age girls!
The wildflowers that we planted (irony?) a few year back for my high school graduation always seem to have a clever way of coming back every season. I love their consistency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos