Monday, January 3, 2011

Cheers to old friends.

at Monday, January 03, 2011
Yesterday and today I have had the pleasure of seeing three very dear friends of mine over coffee and tea. One of the things that really struck me when I saw them was how fast time flies. Two of my friends I hadn't seen since last Christmas break, and man...it was hard to wrap my brain around how long it had been. The good thing about old friends, I've discovered, is how easy it is to pick up the friendship right where it left off. Talking to old friends is like a security blanket because you just know that no matter what, when the new friends just don't quite jive in your life, the old friends will always be there. You know you've found some good friends with good hearts when you can go years without seeing them and it feels like only a few weeks has passed since you last met.

Just this afternoon I saw one of my best friends Josh and time with him is always one of the highlights of my day. That kid never ceases to amaze me. Between his wit, charm, and friendliness, I know that I would be a fool to let him leave my little life. He's a rare breed that kid, and I love him for it. Talking to him today between sips of my tea (why does Starbucks make their tea so dang hot? I need to find a better place...), I was hit with a wave of nostalgia. I remembered the first few days of our friendship and how strange it was to be friends with this guy, because I had never had any really close guy friends before. Josh grew on me of course, and to this day I consider him one of my best friends. I can't believe how far we have come, from high school to college. I look forward to what the future has in store for our friendship, and of course the friendships I share with others.

So dear readers, let's make a toast to old friends that are always there, and to those new friends!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos