Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time.

at Thursday, January 06, 2011
Time is a tricky thing. We either never seem to have enough of it, or that we have too much time on our hands. Recently I have encountered both sides of this lopsided coin. I went to my grandmother's house yesterday to help her and my grandfather take down their Christmas lights (let me tell you folks, this was no easy task. I have never seen so many lights on one house!) and I realized how much time has gone past. When we sat down for lunch, she was talking to me about how she used to watch me and my older brother when we were babies and then when we grew into toddlers. I can't believe that I am already 20 years old, when to her she still looks at me like I'm a baby (like my mother and father surely do too). This is one case when time seems to run short, like the sand in an hour glass that spills it's last grains.

As my Christmas break drags on, I come to those moments where I seem to have an infinite amount of time on my hands, but nothing to fill it with. I can only read so many books and articles people! I'm content though, I really don't mind having nothing to occupy my time because it means that I get to read more of the books I love. In school, I rarely get time to just read for fun! It's true that I'll get the occasional assignment to read Shakespeare of Austen, two of my favorite writers, but really, time for fun is limited with 18 units. Time on break always lasts forever it seems...I love it!

I do have mixed feelings about break though. While I love not having to think or stress about that 12 page paper that is due in the morning (that I obviously haven't started), I do miss school. I miss my friends, my professors, and the environment of Jessup. I want to be in school right now to keep working towards my ultimate goal of graduation. I've been in school so long it seems, my whole life practically, and I look forward to being released from it's grip and starting my career as a book publisher.

What do you look forward to?
xoxo

1 comments:

b.ana.k714 on January 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM said...

very thought provoking...I look forward to the corporate business world of the beauty/fashion industry. tehe guess who!

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos