Saturday, January 22, 2011

Peace

at Saturday, January 22, 2011
So this is what it feels like. I woke up this morning with that thought circling around in my head, like a plane in it's final descent. As I lay there motionless and stared at the ceiling (which is literally a foot away from my face), I had a feeling of peace wash over me. I can't remember the last time that I felt completely secure in my place in this world. I think being back at Jessup, back to the place were God put me, has allowed me to feel that feeling of peace once again. Peace, that is a word that I can't help saying over and over again because it has been so long since it's graced my thoughts and been in the presence of my other random thoughts (the likes of Adam Scott and Michael Buble).

I'm at peace with the world right now, the world as it stands in this very moment. Well, maybe I'm not at peace with the whole world, I am certainly not at peace with genocide and certain political parties but that's another post. In the world right now, in my own little world, I am at peace with my status as a student. I recognize the fact that I am slowly moving towards my end goal and I will continue to strive to do well. I'm at peace with the fact that my homework load will not vanish; that one of my roommates will not take it upon themselves to do my homework for me; that I should just accept the fact that it needs to be done. I actually embrace the chance for me to learn, and I enjoy homework...is that a weird notion to come out of the mouth of a 20 year old?

I accept the fact that I'm as single as I ever have been, and recognize that that's not going to change any time soon and I'm OK with that. If you would have talked to me a few months ago, I guarantee you I would have gone on a rant about injustice in the universe, but now, as it stands, I am OK with it. I'm glad I'm single (much to the chagrin of my mother), and I'm thankful that I only have to focus on my own personal growth as a person and student. 

 I do look forward to the future, don't get me wrong, but right now I am at peace with the here and now for the first time in a long time. I am at peace with the way things stand in my own little universe right now.

So dear readers, I urge you to think of the many blessings in your own life. What are you at peace with right now?

1 comments:

alyssa. on January 22, 2011 at 6:11 PM said...

I super love you Hanner. :) lets chat again soon....this time about you.... :)

Post a Comment

 

All The World's A Stage... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos